Friday, December 19, 2008

Update!



Just yesterday I was saying how much I loved Jack's new bed and now I'm not so sure. On Wednesday he fell out of his bed while napping and hurt his arm. He would whimper when we picked him up so we thought it was just sore or something, and decided to see how it was the next morning.

Well, next morning came and he still acted like it hurt. It wasn't swelling and he was still moving it normally, but just winced every so often. We decided to take him to see the doctor just in case, we'd rather take him and have them tell us nothing is wrong than regretting it later.

They took an X-Ray and I felt so bad that I couldn't be in there with him because I'm pregnant. He was so brave and didn't even cry - although the nurse that held him said he was shaking pretty bad :(.

The doctor said it wasn't bad but put him in a sling just to be safe. The good news is that the type of fracture it is happens to be very mild and she told me that even if we hadn't brought him in, it probably would have just healed by itself. But since we know about it, she wanted to sling it as a precaution. We have to keep the sling on all the time except when he sleeps for 2 weeks just so it doesn't get jostled around too much.

To me it doesn't seem to do much good since Jack still uses his arm the same as he always did, but doctor's orders! He doesn't even seem to mind having it on, he just plays the same as always. I know this kind of thing happens to kids all the time but it's so much more sad when it's your own kid you have to see in a sling. Little kids look so sad in casts and slings and stuff. We aren't getting rid of the bed just yet - but one more fall and I might just have to put a mattress on the floor!!

You can't see the sling really well since he's wearing the same color shirt but you can see it enough that it makes me sad!

2 comments:

Jody and Lacey said...

Poor little guy! Just remember he is a boy and it could have been a lot worse. You are such a good mommy!

Tabitha said...

Oh My heck how sad!!! I Hope he is ok!! We love and miss you guys!!