Thursday, December 18, 2008

Big Boy Bed


Jackson is finally in a toddler bed and seems to be really enjoying the freedom! Josh changed the crib to a bed 2 weeks ago while I was out and he was watching Jackson. It's a good thing he just did it without me knowing since I would have never said Jack was ready for a big boy bed! Josh had been wanting to change it for a while now and I kept telling him no. I was so nervous that it would be a big hassle and that Jackson wouldn't stay in bed and that it would be hard (yes, I'm a baby!).
The first night we had to put him back in his bed twice, and he cried, but since then he's been great and has done a really great job of being a big kid and staying in there! My other fear was that he would roll right out since he moves a lot when he sleeps. Well, he's done that twice now - but I guess that's what happens sometimes! I try not to worry too much but I realize that it's a transition we had to make sooner or later.
All in all it's been great and I love that he can get out by himself in the morning and keep himself busy or come wake me up. He's getting so big sometimes I can't believe it. Josh was of course very pleased with himself but didn't even say 'I told you so' once (even thought I am certain he was thinking it! I love my boys!!

4 comments:

Jody and Lacey said...

Yay for your big boy!

Katie said...

THat's funny....hows his arm doing?. Are you still okay with the big boy bed?! Just kidding!! Lol

Kent, Krista and Family said...

YAY FOR JACKSON! It's exciting for changes like this but also VERY scary. Sawyer did very well when we put him in his bed....at first!

I too was worried he would fall out of bed or something because he moves around and is all over the place. My suspicions came true. He has fallen out of his bed a few times. This is what we hear....THUD!......(Sawyer screaming) DADDY!

Recently, like in the past four weeks we can't get him to stay in bed. We find him ON the FLOOR throughout the night. Six times last night we had to put him back in bed. He just falls asleep on the floor. I don't get it. Kent told me today that he needs to go back in his crib...and I say.....NO WAY! He will learn...right?

Good Luck I hope Jackson will continue to do well.

BTW...

I miss you!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

Wait...I just read Katie's response...What happened to his arm??? Something happened and I didn't even know...MAN I'M SO OUT OF THE LOOP!

I sure hope he is ok!