Friday, March 12, 2010

Uggghhh

I'm going to be a huge whiner for a minute, I apologize in advance...I have been sick since Monday and by now it is just getting really annoying! I'm all stuffed up, I can't breathe, I can't sleep, I can't taste, I'm achy, I haven't been able to workout - it is getting so old. How can I possibly still have so much junk in my nose when I have been blowing it every 5 seconds for 4 whole days? Worst of all, I have been the worst wife and mother ever. I haven't made dinner or cleaned the house all week, I don't feel like a fun Mom at all, I've been a big worthless lump.

My kids have been sick, too, which makes this even more sad and difficult. Sick kids are hard enough to deal with, but adding a sick Mom into the mix is just cruel and unusual punishment. The only positive thing I have to say about this whole crappy situation is that I have no appetite. Even if I did feel hungry, I can't taste anything so what would be the point in eating anyway? The only reason I've eaten what little I have all week is because I'm still nursing and don't want to completely deplete my milk supply. I just drink Sprite or water for my meals, with a cough drop for dessert.

I'm sure you wanted to hear all of that, I am now done with my rant. It feels good to get that out, though, I have to say. I hope you are doing better than I am :)

5 comments:

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

You poor girl!!! That is no fun. It sucks when you can't take anything to dry your nose up either or it will dry up your milk. good luck.

Lynlee Gunnar & Rorke said...

What a compainer. Gosh I couldn't even finish it was so whiney! Just kidding. I am so sorry that you are sick. I hate to say it again but we were sick like that for 2 weeks hopefully it gets better faster than that. Hey only one more month of nursing and then you can start your sweet girl on milk! So I was going to tell you I made Peyton something for her birthday! I can't wait to give it to her! Love you guys!

Lynlee Gunnar & Rorke said...

I meant complainer not compainer. I don't even know what a compainer is. I am sure that is what you are anyhow!

The Dahls said...

I feel so bad for you guys! Want me to come clean your house or bring you a meal? (of course you'll have to evacuate before I come over...i'm just getting over a 5-week cough and I don't want something new too). I'm serious though, let me know how I can help you.

Erin Stones said...

I feel your pain! Good luck!