Thursday, September 10, 2009

We will never forget...


Sept 11, 2001 was such a scary day for me, I hope I never have to feel that way again. I remember I was getting ready for school when the 1st plane hit the Twin Towers and I was watching when the 2nd plane hit. It was truly terrifying, before that 2nd plane hit no one knew what was really going on. As soon as that happened it became apparent it was much more than just an accident.

I hope we never take for granted our freedom, and all those who give their lives to ensure it. This post is in memory of all those who lost their lives that day.

I took the above picture in July 2001 when I visited NYC with my cousin. I didn't realize that it would become more than just a tourist photo, but a reminder of what used to be and how much our country has changed since that day.



2 comments:

Katie said...

That's an amazing photo! Thats so great that you were able to visit the towers before the tragic event. I remember it almost exactly the same way. (Can you belive its been 8 years?) I for one will never forget.

Keith, Heather and Carsen said...

hey!!! we still need to share those pictures!!! ha ha I'm sorry I missed the blessing!!! Love ya tons!!!